Friday, April 1, 2016

Anime Talk : CLAMP Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

Happy birthday to Sakura Kinomoto!

As an honor to one of my favorite childhood anime character, I will now talk about the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles! (manga only)

(got the image from google)


This is a manga mainly based on CLAMP's previous projects XXX Holics and Cardcaptor Sakura. The story also mixed with other crossovers between CLAMP's other projects as well, such as :
1. Magic Knight Rayearth
2. The History of Chunhyang
3. Chobits
4. and many more which I can't mention since I'm not too familiar with them.

This manga is like a spin-off crossovers of Cardcaptor Sakura, considering the two main characters are from the same series, and they are also a couple here in this story. However...I wont focus on the summary of this story right now, I'd like to focus on one thing which interest me the most : the love story and the amazing artworks.

No, I don't like cheesy love stories, not my type. And this is also a shounen type-story, so the love story wont be too dramatic like the ones in shoujos right? Exactly.

The love story in this one is exceptionally and emotionally captivating. While other love stories tend to show sacrifices simply in the form of surrendering your lives in order to save your loved ones, this one here, shown something much more than that.

In this manga, Sakura lost her memories in the form of magical feathers which scattered into several dimensions due to a spell, and rendered her into comatose state unless her feathers returned to her. So Syaoran, being her childhood friend and also love interest, decided to set out on a journey to save her. He was then sent to the Dimensional Witch's place ( turned out to be Yuuko Ichihara from XXX Holics ) to help him in his journey travelling through different worlds. As we all know, Yuuko always asks for a certain payment in the return of favor, and it must be something really precious to us. Yuuko also asked the same thing from Syaoran, in his case it was : "your existence in her memories....".


when the badly-beaten Syaoran returned Sakura's first feather
(and a flashback of when they were little)


Sakura awaken and couldn't recognize Syaoran


Syaoran stepped out in the rain to hid his tears


Fay and Kurogane commenting on him, while the Kudans were
comforting and shielding Syaoran from the pouring rain

(pictures's source : www.mangatown.com/manga/tsubasa_reservoir_chronicles  )

I think this manga wanted to show us that dying is much easier than living with your loved one who couldn't remember you, and Syaoran's love reached to the extent that he didn't mind that kind of life as long as his loved one saved. Of course his journeys were extremely rough, it wasn't an easy task searching for Sakura's feathers...and on top of that, having her forgetting all about him. Syaoran shown a kind of love which is genuinely strong and pure, so much until he could endure whatever pain he got during his journey. This kind of love story is the one which truly captivated me.

Personally I think the storyline is kind of a bit confusing, needed lots of patience to understand the whole plot. But it was worth it...especially the detailed and beautiful artworks, trademark of CLAMP. They also delivered jokes nicely in order to lighten the heavily tensed moods surrounding the story. I also admit that I shed tears when I read this manga, the stories could get soooo emotional...I can't help....hahahaha..

What I think about this manga?
* Storyline : if you don't like stories with heavy storyline, better skip this one....hahahahaha...but personally, I understood the story and loved it.

* Artworks : 100% love it! Love the clothes, dresses, headgears and all!!! <3

* Romance : man.....the feelings right in kokoro...hahahaha

P.S : this is no sequel of Cardcaptor Sakura or what-so-ever, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is definitely independent even though there are mixed elements inside.


Theereee you go~ <3
I hope you guys enjoy my post about this one and don't forget to give me your thoughts ^^
See you on my other post~



xoxoxo
Sakura






No comments:

Post a Comment